Do You Need a License to Clean Air Ducts in Arizona?

Do you need a license to clean air ducts in Arizona? As an expert in the field, I can confidently say that the answer is yes. HVAC technicians and contractors in the state must obtain licenses from the Arizona Contractors Registry. To get a license, they must follow the classification guidelines of specialized business certifications. As a homeowner, you don't need to have a license if you want to try to clean the air ducts yourself.

However, specific requirements may vary by state. It's important to note that a license is usually required to properly clean air ducts in most states. The B-3 General Remodeling and Repair Contractor classification allows the license holder to remodel and repair an existing residential structure or fixture, except those related to electrical, plumbing, mechanics, boilers, swimming pools, spas, and water wells. These must be subcontracted to a contractor with the appropriate license.

The C-41 Septic Tanks and Systems classification allows the licensee to excavate, install and repair pipes, fill and compact the soil as required by the licensee for installation and repair. It also allows the installation and repair of low-voltage signaling systems, but all other electrical devices, appliances, and wiring must be outsourced to a properly authorized contractor. This classification also permits the licensee to perform the installation, modification and repair of ventilation systems, including ducts, air filtering devices, water treatment devices, pneumatic or electrical controls, and control pipes. The CR-6 Pool Service and Repair classification allows you to carry out the work allowed by commercial C-6 pool service and repair licenses and residential R-6 pool service and repair licenses.

The A-17 Power and Transmission Lines classification allows the licensee to install, modify and repair transmission lines on public rights of way. This includes constructing poles, laying systems, constructing towers, mobile and communication towers, public lighting of all voltages, and all underground systems. This includes conduits for signals, communications, and similar installations. Finally, the Carpentry, Remodeling and Repair of the CR-61 classification establishes the scope of work allowed by the C-61 commercial carpentry, remodeling and repair licenses and residential carpentry, remodeling and repair R-61. As an expert in this field I can tell you that it is important for homeowners in Arizona to understand that they need a license if they want to clean their air ducts properly.

The various classifications mentioned above are necessary for HVAC technicians or contractors to obtain a license from the Arizona Contractors Registry.

Leave Message

Required fields are marked *